Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Week 5: Day Four - One Month Down!

I was going to post my ONE MONTH D-DAY ANNIVERSARY!! But, instead I thought I'd focus on something that might be helpful to you if you happen to experience this during YOUR journey.

Okay, remember my last post when I said I have to prepare myself for the weeks where I go up or I don't see change?  So for some reason I weighed in at 177.3 again.  Not sure why, because yesterday morning when I stepped on the scale I was 175.9, but you know what, you really can't always go by the numbers... your weight fluctuates so much on a daily basis all it takes is for you to drink a glass of water and be up 1/2 a pound.  It's the overall journey/goal that really matters.

So I was okay with this lack of change.  I had a hard weekend coping with the fact that I went back to work and adjusting to my new life.  I probably ate more this weekend than I normally do, still making better choices than the old me.  The old me would have dialed up Pizza Hut and had a field day, but luckily the new me was in charge and I had my usual alternative to stave me off.

The stupid jerk who weighed me in tonight, looked at me with glaring eyes and said, "oh..... no change this week..." In a "oh my, you suck" kind of tone. WTF.  I have never had a WW person lack so much positivity than this lady.  I literally had to tell her, "I'm okay with this!"  I mean, how does she know what went on during my week?  I've had only loss so far, I think a week where I stayed the same was due! (Hence the fact that I posted this exact thing literally last week!!)  She has always been a jerk though, I'm going to avoid her at weigh-ins.  That, or switch locations or days.  I can't have Negative Nelly hinder my journey!

So, I stayed the same, so what?  I'm not giving up! Why would I now?  After all my hard work, I don't deserve that!  In fact, it made me rethink my strategy - I'm going to start running after Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred - clearly I need a change to rev up my metabolism.  Strangely enough, the meeting was about "sticking with it" and "positive thinking/reinforcement" tonight.  I had to chuckle under my breath - how can I have positive thinking when I'm stepping on the scale with such judgement?  Heck yes I'm going to  STICK WITH IT!  I'm not going to let some negative jerk stand in my way!  My body deserves me to stick with it.  It went through hell last year, having a baby and all.  It deserves this exercise, and better food choices.

If I wasn't so wiped, I would have complained.  But honestly, if she pulls a stunt like that again, I'm going to speak up further.  If she's doing that to me, she's probably doing it to everyone.  And I'm stronger than some/most people.  That type of attitude might put someone who is really struggling right off.  I'm lucky I prepared myself, or I might just have walked out the door.  Those people are there to help motivate you.  Why am I reassuring myself? I give her the Jerk of the Week award. ;)

Anyways, I promised it, so here are some pictures! I'm not ready for the full view - there really isn't a drastic enough change to post anyways.  But I will show you my beloved abs.  They're slowly making a comeback!

Jan 1st - Front View


Feb 1st - Front View



Jan 1st - Side View


Feb 1st - Side View


So I think it's safe to say that my abs are well on their way.  This month, I'm going to focus on my hips.  That's where the running comes in.  I plan to do 30 mins 4 times a week as well as keeping up with Jillian (I'm going to look into getting her fat blaster video)

And I'd like to end the post with - I MADE IT THROUGH THE FIRST MONTH!!!!


3 comments:

  1. Looking good lady!

    You are absolutely right - don't let the negative nellies get you down. You know how you've been doing, and some weeks just aren't going to be a loss. This is all about the long-term habits and trends, remember!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly! I think that needs to be stressed a lot more than it is. No loss does NOT mean failure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go on your first month, Paddycake! Keep up the great work (and attitude!)

    ReplyDelete