Thursday, February 17, 2011

Week 7: Day Six - Jillian (my girl crush)

Oh Jillian, let me count the ways.  I have a love/hate relationship with Jillian Michaels.  She is one tough lady.  But, she seems to be the key to my success.  As I had mentioned in a previous post, I did the 30 Day Shred and have now started another one of her videos Blast Fat, Boost Metabolism.  Thank goodness I did the 30 Day Shred first.  It really prepared me for what was to come on BFBM.  Basically BFBM is the same as the 30DS except added kickboxing moves in between so you can catch your breath.  Instead of a 20-30 minute workout, it's a 40-50 minute work out.  After I'm done, I am sweating buckets, and my heart rate is revved up.  I really enjoy it because you don't need any equipment.  She uses your body weight to work you out.  In my opinion, this is the best way to exercise.  Getting your body moving vs. standing there and pulling weights on a machine is far more effective for weight loss.  She uses jump-training and honestly, I have never moved my body like that before.  When I first did the jump-training moves, I thought I was going to die.  It's not so bad now, but still gets my heart rate like nothing else.

I am going to try No More Trouble Zones today, another of Jillian's masterpieces.  This one uses 3-5 lb dumbells, so I can start to tone my arms. They're a li-tt-le flabby.

Oh yeah, and I weighed in at WW - I was down another pound, so 173.2!

If you have any questions about Jillian, please feel free to ask me!

No comments:

Post a Comment