Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Week 6: Day Five - Holy Cow!

I'm down 3.5 lbs this week!! YES! Finally some faster progress!  Now I'm really revved up and ready to take on next week! I intentionally went to the other lady to weigh-in although she wasn't much better in terms of encouragement.  I don't know if it's because they're very busy or what, but I find they are very rushed there.  I don't ever get a "good job" anymore like I used to.  Maybe it's the new program?  I know that I'm just an number there, but I have been doing WW off and on for over 10 years and I used to always get encouragement at the scale.  Also, in total I have lost 7 lbs, and I didn't get a 5 lbs goal sticker.  I know it sounds lame, it's just a stupid sticker right?  But I worked HARD for that stupid sticker.  My mother-in-law had to ask for both of hers as she has lost 11.5 lbs total.  So it's not just a one-time thing, seems to be a theme at this location.

Anyways, on with the positives.  I made some oatmeal raisin bites from one of the WW pamphlets.  They are really good! I added Splenda instead of sugar, so that probably brought the points value down.  I've never bothered to make a recipe before so I'm pretty pleased with myself!  Next week I will try something new.  I get the e-tools free for 2 weeks so I'll see if it's worth keeping it or not.  Anyone recommend any low-fat recipes they love?  I hate making something new and having it turn out to taste like pure garbage.  It's such a waste of time. 

I'm still adjusting to my new life as a working mommy, but I think things are working out pretty well so far.  I have a nice routine everyday and it surprisingly includes everything.  My little guy is very laid-back so it's easy to not worry about him during the day when I'm at work.  The babysitter sends pictures and updates on how he's doing, and that helps too.

I am looking forward to running outside again.  Two years ago, I did a 10 k and I loved it.  Last summer I was pregnant and decided against running.  I'm going to sign up for a 5 k in May.  This will give me incentive to train regularly. There's nothing like running outside as the sun is setting, and you're floating off the pavement.  I want that feeling again.  It's very addictive, but in a good way.

Anyways, I'm very happy with my weigh-in this week.  And I think I needed the large change this week.  I have honestly been working very hard, and I believe I can chalk up my last weigh-in to my wonderful monthly visitor.  I didn't mention it last time because I didn't want it to sound like I was trying to make excuses.  Thanks a lot Aunt Flow.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the weightloss! It has been an incredible week for you. I too can't wait for spring to come so I can run again.

    ReplyDelete