Monday, February 28, 2011

Week 9: Day Three - Support

Thank you so much ladies for your support.  Because of your words, ladies, my weekend went very well.  I kept surging on. I woke up this morning and felt amazing that I hadn't turned to food to solve my insecurities. So THANK YOU for that.  I needed some REAL voices, that truly understand my struggles to hold me up as I'm falling down.  And I'm proud to say that this time I broke the vicious cycle (feel bad, eat, feel worse, eat, feel bad, etc. etc. etc...) This time, I felt bad, and I DIDN'T eat, and now I feel good again. Go figure.  Holy crap, that was hard though.  Fighting my inner demons was hard. They're so convincing sometimes. I find you can convince yourself of anything if you put your mind to it. Which can either work in your favor or set you up for failure.

Have you ever noticed that sometimes when you step on the scale and it's a good number, you somehow convince yourself that you're allowed to eat badly? Why do I do that? Just because a number on the scale is good, doesn't give me the right to slander all the progress I have made. Maybe I'm the only one, but I really have to fight myself sometimes after a weigh-in.

I signed up for the 10k race in May. I thought I'd do the 5k but I KNOW it's within me to work hard and do the 10k. I will just have to work that much harder, and that's what motivation is all about. I did the 10k in 2009, and I loved every minute of it. Here I am running in a race in 2008.



I see pictures of myself running and I wish I could go back, and stand in the side-lines and cheer me on.  I wish I had appreciated it more than I did. I'm glad I have a photo so I can remind myself of how I felt in my running days. It's easy to forget once you stop for a certain amount of time. This time when I get back to this, I will definitely not take it for granted. I will look at myself in the mirror when i get back from a long run and tell myself how proud I am.

Anyways, I've switched my Weight Watcher day to Wednesday because I really like the support ladies better on Wednesdays. We had to go Wednesday last week because my sister-in-law and my mother-in-law couldn't make our usual Tuesday. Turns out, I like Wednesdays much better. I actually got a "good job" when I stepped on the scale another pound lighter. Oh! AND I got my 5% sticker!  Never thought I'd be so excited about a stupid sticker!

Have a good week ladies! Thanks again for the support.

No comments:

Post a Comment