Friday, January 14, 2011

Week Two: Day 7 - Water

Water! I am craving water.  Last night, when we were lounging around my husband got up to grab something and I asked him if he could fill up my water bottle for me.  He looked at me funny and said, "don't you just want a diet soda?"  I told him no I was craving water.  he shrugged his shoulders.  Then asked me how HE could crave water too.

What a great feeling to crave something that is natural for your body.  I never knew how it affected me until I missed drinking it by 2 hours.  It was like my body was telling me, "Look, I'm missing something here."  All the diet pops that I had been drinking were silencing my body.  I can just picture the soda can in a slick, low, gangster voice saying, "Hey hey hey, it's okay, you don't need that plain 'ole, boring 'ole water. Just drink me.  I'm just as cold..." 

My skin is nicer, my nails are nicer, and when I pee it feels delightful.

So the water has been helping a lot.  There have been many times when I was dieting without drinking my water out of laziness.  Usually those diets didn't last long.  So my lesson for the day is, you can eat as well as you like, and exercise as long as you like.  But you're not doing anything unless you're drink lots of water.  Your body NEEDS it!  That "craving"  is NORMAL - and yet it feels so foreign to me.  How sad is that?

So DRINK UP! It's important.  We really don't give water it's due diligence...

2 comments:

  1. I'm the same way with water...I crave it...and the more I drink, the more I want it. My coworkers tease me that I'm going to wear a hole in the carpet as I'm always up and down to the washroom... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like your co-workers are jealous of your love affair with water - haha!!

    ReplyDelete