Saturday, January 1, 2011

Week One: Happy New Year!!

O.K! So, I have officially started! I am proud of myself.  It's Saturday. I don't think I've ever started on a Saturday before.  It was always been a Monday.  Maybe this means I will be more inclined to stick with it because I will have gone through a weekend.  It's always the weekend that seems to screw up my diets. 

Today, I am super-motivated.  I have counted every single point, and am starting to think more wisely of my food choices.  For instance, I'm going to actually HAVE eggs for breakfast at least 3 times a week.  I used to think it was a "waste of points" because they're 2 points each and if you want to feel even remotely satisfied you have to eat two.  This time I'm thinking about the protein that I'm eating, not just the fact that it's 4 points.  I've also decided to really pay attention to the water, the fruit and veggies, milk and oil boxes.  I used to ignore them, and although I would lose weight, I was always so hungry.  I'm also going to do a workout today.  Some cardio and some weights.

This blog isn't going to describe my meal plans or my workouts.  The point of this blog is to allow myself to bust out any feelings I have.  Probably the same feelings that a lot of women will relate to but have never heard it come from someone else.  It's not meant to dictate a record of what I fork into my mouth or how many crunches I do.  I don't want to become more obsessed with facts than I already am.  This blog is going to be my safeground.  A place where I can dump all my true feelings about this journey.  And I'm going to warn you right now, it may not be all sunshine and butterflies!.

I am human.  I will be tempted and I will be throwing ideas around in my mind about the reasons why I don't want to/need to diet.  I will need some food with little or no nutritional value to get me through a weak moment.  I acknowledge this and has always been my nemesis.  This time I am prepared.

At Starbucks, you can get a grande light coffee Frappuccino for 2 points. And if you don't believe me, check it out: Light Frappuccino. No, this is not an advertisment for Starbucks.  But I'm sharing this with you because if you're anything like me, I will need something to get me through the lineup at Starbucks with friends.  So if any of you know of any cool foods with little point value, just to get me through a moment of weakness, please let me know!

My husband and I actually braved the New Year's Eve grocery store crowds yesterday so we could start our diets today.  Now if that's not committment, I don't know what is.  The line ups went all the way down to the freakin' meat department!  Anyways, as we were throwing healthy items into our cart, I came upon the frozen pizza section.  I grabbed a Dr. Oteker thin crust Ristorante pizza.  My husband told me to put it back but I insisted that we would definately need it to get through.  I told him that although we are motivated today, tomorrow just might bring a weak moment and you need to equip yourself.  The pizza is my sword.

Today is going very well as I predicted it would .  Heck, even tomorrow might be awesome.  I know that day 3 is going to be a hard day.  I can guarantee I will have an update on day 3.  Until then!

2 comments: